1. The stop lights here look very similar to the ones in the US, but when the light is changing from red to green, it lights up red, yellow, and then green!
2. There are random children (& people, in general) wandering around at like 4AM, sitting at restaurants, or just walking around.
3. Since we keep the windows open all day and night, our doors occasionally SLAM shut. It always freaks us out and I don’t think we will ever get used to it.
4. All the toilets in Argentina have buttons on the wall that you push to flush instead of a handle. Some you even have to pull up the button. It’s ridiculous.
5. For being a such nocturnal city, most of the stores and laundromats close early: at 5 or 6. It’s slightly inconvenient since we don’t get home from class until 4 or 5.
6. The rumors are true: the porteños ARE beautiful.
7. Like the rest of the city, we never eat dinner before 9:30, but its worth the wait because Elda’s cooking is amazing!
Right now we’re in the process of planning a trip for this weekend. So many options! We’re torn between partying at Carnaval about 3 hours north of BA or taking a ferry to Uruguay to chill on the beach. Opinions?
-Abi, Alexa, and Maddy