Everyone has heard the saying: “When one door closes, another one opens.”
Of course, from our perspective, those doors are usually plane doors. Thankfully, when Pitt closed the door I had propped open that led to a summer working in Brazil, Abi was there waiting to plan a post-graduation Euro trip with me! If I hadn’t had that as a consolation prize for missing out on free money for a final college study abroad jaunt, I would have been a lot more upset. But I mean, come on… Europe!
We started planning today.
Somehow, after 4 hours, we didn’t get much further than deciding two weeks wasn’t long enough (we upped it to three), writing out the cities we wanted to hit, cutting that in half, and buying a bunch of discounted Valentine’s Day candy.
Here’s the skeleton of our plan as of now!:
- Fly into Dublin (it was the cheapest option, so why not?) two days after graduation
- Move on to London and check it out for a few days
- Meet up with our friend Robby in Madrid
- Let him show us around Sevilla
- Split off to roam around Paris for a few days
- Go bother another friend that will be in Augsburg (doing the same study abroad program where Abi, Maddy, and I met! … but you know, in Germany)
Hop into Luxembourg to gawk at all the wealthedit: Scoot on up to Berlin and get our German on
- Return to Dublin to catch our flight back to the ‘burgh
What do you think? Any suggestions?